Pre-Filled Syringe Injection Aid
When Janssen asked us to develop a new assistive device and needle shield puller inside 12 months, we knew our flexibility would be a key asset. Our detailed knowledge of the existing UltraSafe X100L Device, with which the new accessory had to be fully compatible, would also be a major factor in the successful delivery against the tight schedule.
This innovative product, developed as part of a new biologic treatment launch for the Japanese market, improves the user experience for patients with rheumatoid arthritis when compared to a standard needle safety syringe. The simple design permits the device to be placed perpendicular to the skin during delivery, further contributing to adherence and drug efficacy by ensuring the correct injection depth every time.
A key driver from the outset was the exacting requirements of appearance and product quality that the Japanese market demanded. We were responsible for managing the entire process which took just nine months from the initial concept to manufacture and delivery of assembled units into Japan.
- Complete project responsibility from concept through to supply
- Rapid development to align with drug product launch
- Recognised for product quality in a demanding market
- Valuable IP generated for Janssen
- Simple, low-cost solution
- Repeat orders beyond anticipated total due to effectiveness and user acceptance
- Winner of the prestigious Asia Pacific Win One Win All Award
Human Factors Studies
Industrial Design, Engineering
Prototype & Evaluation
New Product Integration
Thank you for your great cooperation from concept to launch. Our reps are now delivering the SIA to our customers. I want to express from the bottom of my heart how much I appreciate what you did.
Jun Yamamoto, Janssen (JPKK)