PP3M Drug Particle Re-suspension
Multisensory Drug Preparation Trainer
“Shake vigorously”? But how vigorous is vigorous enough?
When a new drug includes an instruction in the IFU to shake vigorously, this novel Training Device gives the user confidence they are doing things correctly.
Janssen had developed a new long-acting drug formulation which included suspended particles that settle in storage. To re-suspend the particles users were instructed to vigorously shake the pre-filled syringe prior to injection.
This precision, electromechanical trainer complements the IFU. It communicates the important ‘shake step’ in the pre-injection preparation cycle by letting the user know their shake is correct by using multisensory feedback features to make the learning experience fun, engaging and memorable.
- Testing & analysis of shake preparation steps
- Testing & analysis of particle resuspension
- Human Factors Studies were used to identify the cognitive, physical and sensory steps in the user process
- Development of a bespoke algorithm
- Concept to launch inside 12 months
- Launched globally in 35 countries
- Zero product issues
Research & Feasibility
Human Factors Study
Prototype & Evaluation
Packaging & Instructionals
New Product Integration
Big milestone guys! I know it was a huge effort on your end to make this happen. Fantastic job.
Director of R&D, Janssen.