Diaphragm Pacing Therapy
Ventilators are now synonymous with COVID-19; as they support, or in acute cases take over, the breathing process of people with severe symptoms. But patients who survive after being on a mechanical ventilator could face ongoing breathing problems, as the artificial breathing support can weaken the diaphragm muscle.
This novel therapeutic solution solves this problem by empowering natural breathing, and Shore was approached to advance this ground-breaking technology through the development of the complete system.
- FDA Approval of Emergency Use Authorisation
- COVID-19 patients successfully treated
- Designed in accordance with IEC 60601-1-11:2015
- Legibility, functionality, and ergonomics are fit for the ICU environment
- Project turnaround of six months
Insight & Strategy
Prototyping & Evaluation
Shore’s multi-disciplinary team worked in partnership with our client to bring its ground-breaking breathing support technology to market during the COVID-19 pandemic.