Graduate Industrial Designer
About the role
We are seeking an Industrial Design Graduate who has proven creative problem-solving skills, good technical knowledge, aesthetic sensibility, and a human-centred design approach. You will be able to work to a client brief and / or design requirements, producing high quality design solutions that are both creative and functional and meet all stakeholder needs. Experience of User Interface, Packaging & Graphic Design is a bonus.
You will be equally comfortable working alone with minimum supervision or as part of a wider project team and always bring your creative input into the collaborative mix, always pushing the boundaries with fresh ideas and technical solutions.
Apart from the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading companies on an exciting and varied range of product development programs, there is also an attractive benefits package & development program.
The role involves working closely with our award-winning design team. Examples of our work can be found here.
You are a graduate in an industrial/product design related degree and looking for an impactful, rewarding role where you will be able to put your skillset to medical projects that are life-changing.
You are seeking an opportunity where you can put your knowledge and experience to practice and wanting to learn and gain more experience of working in this field.
You’re not afraid to be challenged and are a keen problem solver, and passionate about making products and processes better for a user.
Ideal requirements / skills
- Demonstrable skill in the industrial design and realisation of mass-produced, global products
- Strong creativity in concept generation via sketch work, hand modelling and rendered images
- Competent use of Adobe Creative Suite Packages
- Good understanding of human factors and ergonomics
- Knowledge of 3D CAD and rendering software
- Strong, innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full product design life cycle
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual with little guidance
- Professional awareness and appreciation of customer focus
- Knowledge in the development of medical devices and drug delivery products is a bonus
We don’t expect you to have all the skills listed, so please do apply if you think you can deliver a positive impact. Everyone at Shore is encouraged to hone existing skills and develop new ones as part of our training and development plan.
Shore is an employee-owned medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple long-term clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see your ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible working arrangements. Full list as follows:
- Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
- 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
- Company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Subsidised lunches at local delis
- Regular social events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply, please send a cover letter, your full CV and portfolio examples of your work to email@example.com quoting reference GID0722.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.