User Interface Designer
Shore is an employee-owned, award-winning medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation in the market for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple long-term clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
About the role
We have an immediate position for a highly creative UI Designer to join our dynamic and successful team in Edinburgh, bringing experience in the medical field or seeking an opportunity to apply your skills to medical products that transform lives.
You will be creating stand out, user focused UI solutions on an exciting and varied range of product development programs. Interacting with a wide range of global customers, leading the development from initial strategy, through concept generation, testing and refinement ready for UI specification and deployment.
Playing a role in project planning and definition, you will also ensure the project is delivered on schedule and budget. Relationships are a key element of our company, and you will be working to develop lasting relationships with both existing and new customers.
Additionally, the role will require you to mentor other members of the team via design inspiration, skills development, and ongoing project leadership.
You are an experienced UI designer qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline. You have a strong appreciation of human-centred design, and the positive impact that inclusive design and effective UI design can have on a product. Skilled in ideation, communication through sketch work and wire frames, and developing UI designs with industry standard tools like Adobe XD or Figma.
Equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team to produce high quality design solutions that are creative, functional, and meet all stakeholder needs adhering to the client brief and / or design requirements. Understand the value of building lasting relationships, not afraid to be challenged, a keen problem solver, and passionate about making products and processes better for a user by pushing the boundaries with fresh ideas and solutions.
Ideal Requirements / Skills
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant UI or design related discipline
- Proficiency in Adobe XD or Figma and Creative Suite tools.
- Solid visual design skills, understanding of UI patterns and when to use them.
- Ability to design entire user-experiences from early problem definition and low-fidelity wireframes through to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mock-ups.
- Creating rapid prototypes to evaluate design concepts with stakeholders and users.
- Ability to create detailed communication of design intent during client presentations, as well as design specifications for developer hand over.
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration.
Nice to have
- Understanding of web/mobile OS technologies and associated platform and browser constraints.
- Awareness of various design standards e.g. Human Interface Guidelines or Material Design and best practices
in usability and interaction design
- Understanding of the importance of design systems.
- Comfortable creating illustrations to support UI.
- Animation and motion design skills, e.g. experience with After Effects / Lottie.
- Experience with Axure RP and the production of high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experience devising, planning, and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Knowledge in the development of medical devices and drug delivery products is a bonus
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible & hybrid working arrangements. Full list as follows:
- Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
- 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
- Company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Subsided lunches at local delis
- Regular social events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please send a cover letter & your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference UI1022.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.