Shore is an employee-owned medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple long-term clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see your ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
Internships at Shore Group
As an intern at Shore Group, you will dive into the world of medical product design, working directly on real client projects. This opportunity allows you to gain invaluable hands-on experience while being mentored by experienced professionals in the field.
- Real-world experience in medical product design.
- Exposure to the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Enhanced skills in design, prototyping, and user research.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
You are a current design or engineering student with an appreciation of human-centred design, and the positive impact that inclusive design can have on a product.
Equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team to produce high quality design solutions that are creative, functional, and meet all stakeholder needs adhering to the client brief and/or design requirements. Understand the value of building lasting relationships, not afraid to be challenged, a keen problem solver, and passionate about making products and processes better for a user by pushing the boundaries with fresh ideas and solutions.
Requirements / Skills
- You are a current design or engineering university student
- Solid visual design skills and problem solving ability
- Ability to prototypes to evaluate design concepts with stakeholders and users
- Ability to clearly communicate design intent and rationale
- Communicating professionally with clients and internal teams
- Staying abreast of design industry trends and best practices
Nice to have
- Animation and motion design skills
- Competency in Creative Suite tools
- Competency in CREO or Solidworks
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Full list as follows:
- Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
- 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
- Company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Subsided lunches at local delis
- Regular social events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please send a cover letter, your full CV and examples of any recent work to email@example.com quoting reference GI0324.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.