Mechanical Design Engineer
Shore is an employee-owned medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation inthe market for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple longterm clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see your ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer who will play a key role contributing to a challenging and varied project mix, all within an excellent working environment. You will have strong technical skills and be qualified
to degree level in a relevant discipline with industry experience in a suitable design or engineering discipline.
This role is best suited to candidates with medical device or drug delivery mechanism development experience, ideally in a consultancy environment, however we will consider all candidates with relevant experience and skills.
You will be equally comfortable working alone with minimum supervision or as part of a wider project team. At all times bring your own powerful creative input into the collaborative mix, always pushing the boundaries
with fresh ideas and technical solutions.
As part of a skilled and dedicated team, provide professional Mechanical Engineering design expertise on multiple projects on everything from concept generation and engineering analysis through to detailed design and formal verification.
Ideal Requirements / Skills
• Proven experience in engineering problem solving and detail design
• Mechanism design expertise
• Medical Device or Drug Delivery Development expertise
• Experience in injected moulded design for high volume products
• 3D CAD software expertise
• Solid understanding of engineering principles
• Use of Finite Element Analysis Software
• Proven materials knowledge and materials selection
• Excellent presentation & communication skills
• Knowledge of the full product design life cycle
• Self-starting with a can do attitude, proven ability to work individually or in a team with little guidance
• Professional awareness and appreciation of client focus
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible working arrangements. Full current benefits list as follows:
• Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
• 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
• Company pension contribution
• Permanent health insurance
• Subsided lunches at local deli’s
• Regular social events
• Casual dress
• On-site parking
• Sick pay
• Cycle to work scheme
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please send a cover letter, your full CV and examples of any recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ME0322.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.