Shore is an employee-owned medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple long-term clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see your ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
About the role
We have an immediate position for a versatile Creative Artworker to join our dynamic and successful team in Edinburgh developing a broad range of medical and healthcare focussed projects.
You will be expected to create high-quality, technically accurate files and materials and have the ability to create incredible design, production & print work with excellent problem-solving skills aligned with a flexible approach to overcoming technical obstacles. Web, UX and UI are additional desirable skills.
The ideal candidate would be able to produce effective and engaging layouts, delightful illustrations, iconography, and data visualisations – using creative skills to communicate new ideas.
You will be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a wider project team and always bring your creative input into the collaborative mix, always pushing the boundaries with fresh ideas and technical solutions. A naturally well organised individual that works comfortably to deadlines with the ability to contribute to the broader technical aspects of the business.
Ideal Requirements / Skills
- Provide high-quality design and artwork; built to a high accuracy, both technically and aesthetically
- Good understanding of typography, grids, layouts and use of colour theory and an attention to detail
- Organising or attending briefing and review sessions, with the client – clarifying any details as required
- Manage proofing, facilitating file adjustments when required. Relaying feedback or adjustments for final file updates
- Run multiple projects, ensuring that all projects run smoothly on budget and on time with a ‘right first-time’ mentality
- Work with the team to plan and prioritise workloads while ensuring adherence to timings and budgets
- Keep up to date with guidelines specific to client requirements to help maintain a library of internal references and databases
- Help establish and improve efficient processes and guidelines to ensure the highest quality output
- Help educate clients and the wider teams on technical artwork and print matters
- Competence with Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of creating production ready assets for digital and print
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual with little guidance
- Professional awareness and appreciation of customer focus
- Experience in creating custom illustrations and icons
- Experience with packaging, user manuals and multi-language leaflets
- Ability to create compelling presentations
- Motion graphics video editing/production skills
- Understanding of UI design and good usability practices across multiple platforms (web, mobile)
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Full list as follows:
- Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
- 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
- Company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Subsided lunches at local delis
- Regular social events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please send a cover letter, your full CV and examples of any recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AW0723.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.