Business Development Manager
Shore is an employee-owned, award-winning medical design and development consultancy, with an excellent reputation in the market for delivering solutions across a wide range of projects, working collaboratively with multiple long-term clients.
We offer exciting career opportunities to see ideas come to life in exceptional products that have a positive impact on people’s lives, working from early-stage design through to manufacturing and supply.
Our collaborative culture is one of the key elements of our success, and we encourage knowledge sharing and communication across the company. Our office is a converted grain store in Leith, the thriving waterfront area of Edinburgh which has a mixture of creative businesses, bars, and restaurants.
About the role
We have an immediate position for a business development manager to join our dynamic and successful commercial team, bringing experience in commercial & strategic business development or seeking an opportunity to build on your technical skills & industry connections to help drive our primary goal of developing medical products that transform lives.
We want you to be a key player in building the Shore brand, bringing your industry and product knowledge, combining this with existing skills and experience at Shore.
You will be responsible for identifying new clients, building & managing key accounts, and representing our capabilities to the wider market with input from both technical and marketing teams.
Playing a key role in project commercial planning and definition, you will bring together our expertise, skills, and track record to showcase Shore to new & existing clients. Relationships are a key element of our company, and you will be working to develop lasting relationships.
Additionally, the role will require you to mentor other members of the team via skills development and sharing of industry and product knowledge.
You are an experienced business development professional, ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline. You are motivated by driving commercial activities to develop the Shore brand across industry partners and potential customers.
You understand the value of building lasting relationships and can create and implement a strategy to increase our presence within our target medical markets. You will drive and support the winning of all new business, passionate about being involved in bringing class leading medical products to the market.
Ideal Requirements / Skills
- Honours degree in relevant technical discipline
- High level of industry knowledge and experience
- Evidence of astute commercial judgement & negotiation
- The ability to identify and progress new leads to successful sales
- Good understanding of design disciplines
- Track record of growing key customer accounts
- Lead CRM system use and deployment
- Experience of preparing and managing competitive bids
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills including industry events & articles
- Ability to work in a team and lead projects as required
- Professional awareness and appreciation of customer focus
- Knowledge in the development of medical devices and drug delivery products is a bonus
You will receive a competitive salary, great benefits package including company performance profit share scheme. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining a strong work life balance which we encourage through flexible & hybrid working arrangements. Full list as follows:
- Annual Employee Ownership Bonus
- 30 days annual holiday (increasing to 35 with service)
- Company pension contribution
- Permanent health insurance
- Subsided lunches at local delis
- Regular social events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to join our team, please send a cover letter & your full CV to email@example.com quoting reference BD1022.
Please note, due to the high number of enquiries we are unfortunately only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.